Beauty bloggers tend to get a lot of products to try. So many, in fact, you hear the phrase , "you'll never have to buy XX for the next 50 years" almost as often as a trip to Sephora. However, that isn't true at all. Here's why:
1. A lot of the stuff we receive is never blogged about because it's not up to snuff.
2. Trends change and I may not own anything in that exact shade of Emerald, thank you very much. I clearly need to TEST that shade of Emerald, so I must buy the entire Pantone palette. It only makes sense.
3. Almost no two colors are the same. Think they are? Go shopping with myself and Abz and we'll give you a lesson on why no two taupes are the same.
4. Makeup does expire, so it needs to be replenished.
5. Sometimes, you just need to believe that a new lipstick in a different color holds life changing possibilities.
So with all that said, what do I actually buy and buy again?
1. Makeup palettes from Pantone and Too Faced. I love them. I know Pantone is a house brand from Sephora, but their palettes are gorgeous and the shadows are great. Too Faced is one of my favorite brands. I buy more Too Faced than any other brand.
2. SPF. I buy SPF by the bucket. I'm really picky about it, so when I find one I like, I pick it up whenever I see it. My favorites to repurchase? Jan Marini Antioxidant Face Protectant SPF, Specific Beauty SPF 30 and Anthelios SPF 50 Primer. Jan Marini is hard to score a deal on, but the La Roche-Posay Anthelios is easy. Go to CVS, scan your beauty club card, then go to the little desk near the La Roche-Posay section and look for the brochure. Snag a coupon from there. If you're lucky, you will have gotten $5 back from your club card and another $5 from the coupon. SWEET ACTION!
3. Shampoo and Conditioner. I'm so picky about what I'll use on my hair, I tend to hit bottom and repurchase often. I've been known to stock up on It Factor and Wen.
4. Face Wipes. I buy facial wipes to cleanse my face, remove makeup and assist me when I'm shooting photos. My favorites? Aveeno Ultra Calming Makeup Removing Wipes and Target House Brand Baby Wipes.
5. Mascara. I buy a lot of mascara. I don't often re-purchase the same mascara, but I like to try and try again. I have repurchased They're Real by Benefit, Lights, Camera, Lashes by Tarte and Urban Decay's Primer Potion for Lashes. And RevitaLash. I've repurchased RevitaLash several times.
6. I always go back to Jan Marini's BioGlycolic Face Wash. Always.
7. Viviscal. If you want longer, stronger, healthier hair, Viviscal is what you want. Trust me on this.
What about you? Do you stick to favorites or try something new? Check out what the other Makeup Wars bloggers can't live without by clicking on the tiles below!
Contains affiliate links.
Official disclosure/disclaimer statement can be found here.
Subscribe and never miss a thing!
Copyright 2012, Gouldylox Reviews.